Monday, December 29, 2014

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

I have a very hard time finding healthy cookies that my kids and hubbie will eat. They are definitely a work in progress!

These were a hit! Much to my dismay, I had to fight to get a few for myself. I will be making a double batch today.





PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES

Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 10 minutes

Ingredients (I used all Organic)

2 1/4 Cups Almond Flour
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3 TBSP Melted Coconut Oil
3 TBSP Melted Raw Honey
1 tsp Vanilla
Optional: Flaxseeds

Topping
2 TBSP Coconut Palm Sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, combine 4 dry ingredients (Almond flour, Cinnamon, salt, and baking soda)
3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine coconut oil and honey. Melt.
4. Add the vanilla and pumpkin puree. (Make sure the pumpkin is not cold or the cocount oil will harden.) Mix.
5. Add Wet ingredients to the Dry and mix well.
6. Place cookies on parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Mix sugar and cinnamon together for topping
8. Gently sprinkle mixture on top of cookies.
9. Bake for 10-13 minutes.
10. Let cool and store in refrigerator.







No comments:

Post a Comment